Amy Houser's Art for Do: The Book of Letters



We knew Do: The Book of Letters had a very tight timeline, so we decided to split up art duties. (Liz Radtke continued her tradition of fine cover illos for Do.)

For the interior, we tapped illustrator and toy designer Amy Houser to do some quick doodles and fancy lettering. Little did we know that Amy's "quick doodles" are pretty polished by our standards! They look right out of concept drawings of a Pixar movie.

Above is a montage of just a small sample of the drawings she put together for the supplement. Each illo is paired with a different letter, so some of you contributors may recognize scenes from your own letter in this mix.

» Buy Do: Book of Letters for five bucks!
» Amy Houser's Blog
» Find Amy and other recommended artists in my artist directory

Comments

  1. I looked at the pictures and I thought they looked great, then I read the text and went back to look at the pictures again. The hair on the back of my neck and arms went up and I think even on my eyebrows when I realised one of the pictures was from my letter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Graphic Design and Typography Tips for your Card Game

Troubleshooting: How to fix "Remove Blank Lines for Empty Fields" in InDesign Data Merge

One Thing to Avoid in Game Design