2010 Retrospective


Megan
Getting married was certainly the biggest personal event of 2010. If we could survive organizing this event while also planning a move to a new house, a trip to Seattle and publishing HBR all at the same time, we can survive anything. Speaking of which, just a split second after the above photo was taken a tornado siren started blaring in the background. No worries, just a drill. Here are the pics and vows.


Seattle
And then there was the honeymoon in Seattle, where we saw the sights, heard the sounds, met the people, and ate everything we could fit in our eager stomachs. We're eager to return soon to absorb every inch of that lovely city and its colorful characters. Pics here.


Some rights reserved by Marc Majcher. Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic License.
Happy Birthday, Robot!
With the help of more people than I can count (but at least 110), I published my first game. For as much time as I once spent trying to design RPGs, then board games, it's funny that my first game would be an odd off-shoot of both species. As usual, you can find more about it at HappyBirthdayRobot.com.


Third Degree
Meanwhile at work, I got promoted to Senior Art Director. With that came new responsibilities and accomplishments, like rebranding a client, launching a new campaign for another, performing in a Halloween parade, writing humorous on-hold messages and traveling a lot.


Playtime
This was the year gaming invaded the creative department. What began as a single turn-based game of Blokus on one desk grew into five ongoing games at each creative desk. On top of that, I met some amazing people at Dreamation and GenCon. The former helped spread the word about HBR, the latter spawned SageFight. (Respect. Trust.)


Identity
And this is the year I finally "grew up" a little and got a proper blog. I experimented with Composeum at first, but a single-topic blog just wasn't for me. I had to go cold turkey, leaving behind Livejournal after ten years. I learned a bit of template design by working on JeremyAndKathleen and customized the template you see now. Since this blog's launch, I've been much more diligent about posting new games and new game ideas. I've also done a lot more interviews, which is always fun.

Yup, 2010 has been very good to me. I hope to pay it forward in 2011.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Graphic Design and Typography Tips for your Card Game

Troubleshooting: How to fix "Remove Blank Lines for Empty Fields" in InDesign Data Merge

One Thing to Avoid in Game Design